View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
The Nightvision in the e60 isn't perfect, you'll find you'll never use it (I have it and just to illustrate how useless it is I didn't even remember I had it when listing the options my LCI 550i Sport has on Bimmerfest), the HUD on the other hand I use daily. I turned it on the day I bought the car and have not turned it off since. I haven't even looked at the Tach in a long while...

The Manual on the e60 is a great manual, terrific in fact, don't get me wrong, but the clutch delay valve (CDV) overrides what a really good driver would want when it comes to engaging the gear instantly and according to your foot and nothing else. It can be removed but there are mixed feelings about doing so, you can read up on it on many posts here and on 5series . net

The paddle shifters are effortless and the ZF gearbox is a tank, literally. It has been rated at being able to handle up to 500+ hp and I've heard it was partially developed with testing at Nurburgring.

Some people will ONLY drive a manual and there is nothing wrong with that. I am essentially that person, this is the first auto I've ever owned and actually enjoyed. Only a few times have I wished I had a manual, but I know from 7 of the other 8 cars I've owned being manual that there were more times than that I wished I had the ease of a great auto with a legit sport mode and a super legit manu-matic mode...

my $0.02