View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
I don't drive a manual for extra performance. I drive a manual for the enjoyment of driving, for actually participating in the driving experience. Every time I make a smooth up shift, or do a nice double-clutch downshift, it's pure enjoyment to me. And, with the BMW, since the clutch and shift linkage is so incredibly good, the enjoyment is magnified. Yes, I know the auto is smoother, gives better mileage, and likely is faster, particularly off the line. I drive 40 miles one way to work every day, through some of the worst traffic LA has to offer (anybody who lives in LA, try the 210 East through Pasadena on Friday evening!!!), and I still wouldn't trade for an automatic. I know I'm in the minority here, and when it comes time to buy my next car, I may struggle to find something I really want with a manual, but until that happens, it's three pedals for me!! PS - really wish I had the HUD though.

Now, it's off to search for info on this "clutch delay valve".....never heard of that before, so want to find out what it's doing to me!!

Keith