Thread: New F01 Owner
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF02 View Post
Welcome!

There really is no solution to that unfortunately. With the LEDs they're way too dim in direct sunlight, you can't even tell they're on. Be aware of a vendor on here that bumps his own threads, but customer pictures have shown his product is nothing more than a very poor product.

On the other hand you have HIDs, but you take a risk that there could be damage to the rings from the added heat from those bulbs. Some have had issues with their outer rings yellowing and/or fading. Some have not, I personally had the AlpineMSS kit installed by Alex (the guy who sells them) himself. I did not have any issues nor did my AEs fade, but I'm looking to get out of my lease to upgrade so I had pulled them out and reverted my car to stock.

Perhaps now that more lease returns are going onto the used market we'll see some more interest. I would guess that the bulk of people who are currently leasing a new 10-12 MY aren't really concerned with it - or have even noticed it. (See old farts)
Thanks for the welcome. You have any pics of your car with the Alpine kit? Have you sold the kit or are you keeping it for your next 7er?