View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to Touring Dude
Mein Auto: 2003 525iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring Dude View Post
I had a chance to look into the issue this morning. All fuses are good, and all the connections were tight and clean, hold down was tight. I replaced the battery a year or so ago. First of all, I had low battery voltage (11.2v) due to low battery water (my bad) Kind of a pain in a wagon, but topped all the cells off with fresh distilled water (ran out half way through and had to go get a new 1/2 gallon, I've been nursing the old one for 5 or 6 years) Threw the charger on just to give the battery a chance to come up some before I hit the road. Radio worked for about 2 minutes and died again, all the other symptoms are still there. Drove for about 45 min and was wondering if I managed to take out the alternator with the low battery, but I got to my shop and checked, battery up to 12.4 volts and alternator was charging fine. Came home tonight and again the radio played for a couple of minutes before dying, oh and while it is playing the volume control does nothing, and I can't turn the radio off either. I disconnected the battery when I got home and threw the charger on again, I'll charge it all night and let the electrical system reset itself and see if I'm good in the morning.........
Update:
I found this thread - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...57#post7350057

I unplugged my Dension iceLink that has been in there for 5 or 6 years and that solved the problem.
WooHoo a radio, blinker noises and back up lights again!

BMWCCA Member #104602

"View My Garage" for all my other toys