View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 35i M Sport
Update on group buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisihitch View Post
"Any thoughts on a group buy for the invisihitch setup with factory wiring harness? I'm thinking of getting one by summer time but would move more quickly if there was a deal."

I have been wanting to respond to this and now I can.... We have had a couple of meetings here about offering this type of Group Buy to members of the bimmerfest community, and it is definitely something we would like to do. After all, the pairing of the oem harness with our X5 invisihitch was an idea that was brought to us and then urged on by members of this community. And it has been a very successful product pairing indeed.

There is just one issue we will have to work through internally before we can offer a discounted Group Buy to the community. That issue relates to the price-protection provisions that appear in some of our agreements with dealers. Basically, we guaranteed minimum advertised retail pricing in some cases, with the dealer getting to approve any advertised discount in advance. We certainly desire to stay whole with our dealers, so regardless of whether a Group Buy here would constitute advertising a discounted retail price, we will be seeking their concurrence before doing it. Based on discussions we have already had with dealers, my guess is that we will reach an understanding whereby we can run a short-term Group Buy for this community, provided that it takes place before the prime towing season (hitch-buying season). But we do need to work through this issue properly and completely with our dealers. This may take another couple of weeks, at which time I hope to post a more exciting follow up.

Daryl
Can you offer any potential timing for a decision? Thanks.