View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: e60 550i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
The 550i sport stock wheels are 18 Front and 32 Rear offsets
so you basically adding half inch of width that will be distributed to 3mm to the inside and 9mm to the outside in the front.

In the rear, you are putting most of the extra half and inch to the outside (about 14mm).

I think you'll be OK, the easiest to try is to put masking tape across the fender well and see how much clearance you have between the wheels to the masking tape on the stock wheels. The question is are you dropping/slamm the car with aftermarket suspension?
Thanks for the offset info - couldn't find it. I'm trying to make everything I do to this e60 more performance based and tasteful rather than for aesthetics or a hot rod car show. That said, I may put on a KW V2 suspension in the future. For now, I'm leaving the stock suspension and do plan on a relatively easy couple track days (I used to beat on some older track cars but have become much more risk averse).

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a bit more side wall than what it has now with the stock wheels. The wheels I just picked up are a half inch wider which seems like I am going in the opposite direction than I want to if I cannot put either a wider or taller tire on it.