View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 330ci 3pdl 89 325i
It's alive!!! I have a 5spd!!! anyone thinking about doing it, it is a colossal PITA and will wear you slick, however the outcome is staggering. with the 3.38 rear end the 330 just pulls and pulls all the way through 3rd ( haven't done a full run through 5th yet.) Whole new car. My dash is lit up like Christmas tree and the brake lights stay on (very easy fix,) and I just don't care because it is soooo much fun now!! Hugh thanks to all of you guys who helped me out. Bob, and Smolck you guys were a part of this swap whether you knew it or now.. Van (MalibuMafiaV) you were the biggest contributor to making this happen, thanks a lot bud!!

Pics and vid to come.. I did not document the swap part as there are many many DIY's, however there is one piece of info that I could not find online anywhere. If you have a ZF auto and do a swap but don't want to wire a clutch switch in until you get you car coded you take the forward most auto wiring harness and run a wire from pin 2 to pin 5. I had to do trial and error on what would work to short out the neutral safety switch. I tried and tried no luck. Then connected 2 and 5 got up into the car pushed in the clutch and though oh whats the point. Fired up right away sounded pretty mad that I had let it sit for a whole week without throwing it through and corners though lol. Idled down nice and smooth after a minute or two and is running like a top.. on crack.

That's all for now gents!