View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Gent View Post
This became such a frusrating project for me that, when I finally got the holder out, I just ordered two new assemblies (both burned out) on line when I couldn't easily get the bulb out. Looking at it now, wish I had been a little more patient as i could have ordered 2 $6.00 bulbs instead of 2 $32 assemblies.

By the way, the rear turn signal bulb is what they call a Phillips Silverline or silver-something. Idea is that, sitting in a polished unit with a clear lense, you don't see the orange color through the lense during the day but it lights up orange. I would guess originally invented for the rice-boys and their "clear corners." But a regualr orange bulb for that same application is $7.50/pair at Advanced Auto Parts, Silverline is $21.00/pair on line (plus shipping) or $34.00 each at the dealer. Another over-engineered deal!
The rear turn signal bulbs are called "chrome amber". You don't have to buy the OEM parts. Ebay has nice 7507 chrome amber bulbs for $8/pair shipped.... Another name brand version is "Solaris".