View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop362 View Post
Anyone ever do either?? Ordered "is" today in LMB with black interior but still have till tomorrow to tweak if I feel the need.

Unless you are going to track/autocross your car and you need the extra room for a helmet and/or want to reduce weight I don't see why you would delete the sunroof. We've had no problems with ours and helmets fit just fine. Also on a nice day it is great to drive the car on surface streets with the sunroof open and both windows down to listen to the beautiful aural feedback from the 335is exhaust!

My wife originally wanted the gray interior and both our CA and I tried to talk her out of it. Then the CA said "Let's go find a used 3 Series with a gray interior and see what you think." He found a 2008 CPO 335i (three years old at the time) with a gray interior that was in great shape. My wife noticed all the scuffs on the door panels, in the footwell, and on the dashboard and immediately changed her mind to black. She hasn't regretted it.

Did you get the 6MT or DCT? Either one is a great choice for different reasons.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!