View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335Is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post

Unless you are going to track/autocross your car and you need the extra room for a helmet and/or want to reduce weight I don't see why you would delete the sunroof. We've had no problems with ours and helmets fit just fine. Also on a nice day it is great to drive the car on surface streets with the sunroof open and both windows down to listen to the beautiful aural feedback from the 335is exhaust!

My wife originally wanted the gray interior and both our CA and I tried to talk her out of it. Then the CA said "Let's go find a used 3 Series with a gray interior and see what you think." He found a 2008 CPO 335i (three years old at the time) with a gray interior that was in great shape. My wife noticed all the scuffs on the door panels, in the footwell, and on the dashboard and immediately changed her mind to black. She hasn't regretted it.

Did you get the 6MT or DCT? Either one is a great choice for different reasons.
SD thanks or the reply...Believe i'll stick with the sunroof I go through this every auto purchase since I was 18 and had an Acura CL with a roof that rattled from day one this is not a brand comparison just a slight bout of fear but we all know BMW makes a solid roof as for the Gray that was a non sunroof issue thinking the cabin would be like the bat cave but yeah agree on the scuffs..Hideous. Got the DCT as I test drove an F30 with it and really enjoyed it so what the heck by the way those cars "Do Not" drive like a BMW should it's really a different feel and that steering!! Went with the standard 18's as you any regret?? Love the 19's and could alway's contact my C/A but being here in the N.East do I really want to screw around with bends & cracks?? This issue also comes to surface each and every time plus the hazard insurance has gone up to 1,500 so...