View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xDrive35i
Nice video. My approach is very similar to yours. We have plenty of those days in Colorado when it is either below freezing and/or too windy or too much hot sun to wash a car outside. It's gotten so that I rarely actually wash the car in the driveway with a hose and all.

I mostly use Griot's (griotsgarage.com) products. If the car is really dirty, I use multiple buckets of warm water and soft microfiber cloths to gently remove the heavy stuff. This is usually required only after a snow storm or rain, something we have not seen much of here recently.

I then use Griot's Spray-on Car Wash followed by their Spray-on Car Wax, again using the microfiber towels (which make all the difference in the world). Next comes the glass (their glass cleaner is great) and, as necessary, vacuuming and interior cleaning. The whole process, and I am not fast, takes maybe 90 minutes or so. It's my way to relax in solitude on Sunday mornings!
Every 4 to 6 months I apply some of their paste wax. I really like the Premium Carnauba. It's easy to apply and a little goes a long way. One or two times a year I remove the wheels for a thorough cleaning/waxing.

So far, this approach has seemed to work really well. Other than the rock chips that seem inevitable in this part of the world, the finish is holding up and the car looks great.