View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
Gasp! How dare I threaten to stop payment on a check when I was told the car was in good mechanical condition and then it didn't make it 30 miles. The car was supposed to have been salvaged due to body damage not water damage and was represented to me as such.
It doesn't matter what you were told. The car had a salvage title due to water damage. The insurance company totaled the vehicle for a reason. And it wasn't because they had too much money laying around and didn't know what to do with it.

Quote:
All I was asking was to tow me off the side of the mountain I was perched on to level safe ground somewhere nearby. Hardly an unreasonable request since the dealer specializes in damaged cars and has several wreckers on hand.
It's not an unreasonable request. What was unreasonable is to threaten them. If they did anything for you it was because they were being nice. Not because they owed you anything.

Quote:
Are you always so worried about people taking advantage of those poor innocent auto dealers?
My objection has nothing to do with the dealer but rather someone expecting others to take care of an issue with a vehicle that was totaled by an insurance company and had a salvage title. IOW you had full knowledge this might be a problematic vehicle yet somehow you feel this is their responsibility and indicative of the reliability of BMW's in general. That's plain foolish.