View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
I agree. You really have to be easy with this car now. It should be looked at as a project car right off the bat. You can't expect to have that smile on your face that you get when you purchase a brand new bmw off the lot with the dealer in the passenger seat going over all the systems with you.
Take the knowledge here and walk with it, use your mechanical expertise and get the car working. It may take a while, but if you know your way around a box of tools like you say, that car will eventually be running right.
I bought the car as a "project" like the 2002 F-150 I used to tow it back to Indiana. It took me about six months to rebuild the engine, replace the interior, repair some body damage and get it all up and running.

I bought that truck at auction for less than $1000 and after about $1500 (and admittedly many hours of my own labor) I now have a like new 2002 F-150 that hauled the 3200lb Bimmer and the 1,000lb trailer across the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia back to Indiana in comfort and style.

I bought this 325i for less than half of the Kelly Blue Book dealer price and expect to put plenty of sweat equity (and some dough) into it to get her back to the graceful beauty she was two months ago.

I am hoping that you guys can guide me through some of the process, at least as far as the BMW specific issues are concerned.