View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
Uh, no. It had a salvage title due to a huge tree branch smashing out the sunroof, denting the roof, hood and fender. I was specifically told that the car DID NOT have water damage. I was also told that it was driveable and that I could obtain a 3 day temporary tag from the Virginia DMV to drive it home.
Key words highlighted. The reality is it was a salvage vehicle. That's a huge red flag it could be a problem vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
You of course are entitled to your opinion. If I had sold a guy a car and it didn't make it out of shouting distance I would certainly be amenable to helping the guy at least get it to a safe place. Your moral code may be different. Remind me never to do business with you in the future.
It has nothing to do with morality. You bought a car which was totaled by the insurance company and sold to you with a salvage title. That is a huge buyer beware sign. It's indicative a potential problem and sold as-is...I don't care if it may have died within three feet of where it was sold. If you don't want the hassel of dealing with a troublesome vehicle you don't buy one with a salvage title that was totaled by an insurance company. There's a reason you were able to buy it for less than half of KBB. and that reason was it was it was totaled by the insurance company and sold with a salvage title. Anyone thinking they were getting anything other than "Buyer beware" on such a vehicle is a complete idiot.