View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
You're not gonna get too much help from this forum because you already motherfcuked the brand and this place is filled with groupies and fan boys.

Get a bt cable and be prepared to have your patience tested by BMW engineering.

You're blind without it.
Thanks for the advice mryakanischoad.

I wasn't trying to besmirch the good name of BMW. It was just a fact that the car didn't make it 30 miles. I had talked to the previous owner that said the car had just been serviced, including a new battery and brake pads, three days before the branch fell on it. She told me she had never had a problem with the car and it ran great even after the tree branch fell on it. She certainly had no reason to lie to me since she had already been paid off by the insurance company.

Despite the friendly words of sunny5280 I'm not a "complete idiot". I brought tools with me and I knew I was taking a chance driving the car back to Indiana, but I would be saving over a hundred bucks in fuel and get to drive my new 2006 BMW through some very scenic and fun roads.

I knew the worst that could happen was that the car wouldn't make it back and I would have to park it and drive back to Indiana with my sister in her brand new Malibu to get the truck and the trailer.

I gambled, I lost.

It cost me $150, instead of saving me $100, and another day of driving. Big whoop. I only wanted the dealer to get the car to a safe place to leave it until I got back. It turned out it died in front of the home of two great people that were more than happy to safely store my car and watch it until I came back three days later.

So I made some new friends for my extra 150 bucks. Not bad for a "complete idiot".

Last edited by BashedBarrique; 02-01-2013 at 08:17 PM.