Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie_Bandit View Post
This thread has come along nicely.
With your userid, you'll understand this article:

MEET THE ROLEX ROMEO'S

"Now that we're emerging from the Great Recession - and financial-sector bonuses are returning - men are splurging on luxury watches, especially ones made of gold. Because that precious metal kept its value even while the economy wobbled, they believe a pricey watch isn't just a style statement, it's a sound investment. And an aphrodisiac.

"It sounds really shallow, but younger women really fall for all that stuff," says Wall Street trader Mike, 27, the owner of a dozen high-end watches priced between $3,000 and $12,000 each. He asked The Post not to publish his last name so that it wouldn't get him into trouble at work. A member of the sugar-daddy-dating-service seekingarrangement.com, which matches wealthy men with women who want to be "kept," Mike wears an $8,000 Rolex Submariner II to the office.

"A Maserati only goes as far as the parking lot, but a watch you have with you all the time."

Mike recalls a recent night out in Atlantic City when an admiring guest at the roulette table zeroed in on his bling: "I have a pretty small frame so, when I wear this watch, it takes up most of my arm," says the 5-foot-7 banker. "I hit a spin, and this woman said: 'Oh my gosh, that thing must be half your weight!'
"Then she was asking me what I did for a living, and where I was staying."
One thing led to another. "Let's just say it was a lucky night," he demurs.

Mike, who earned $400,000 last year, including a $120,000 bonus, even admits to driving his Lexus LS around the Jersey Shore in the summer, the windows rolled down and his wrist hanging out, on display."

http://m.nypost.com/p/entertainment/...WgeNnrUuzQslCJ

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®