View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
Thanks for the advice mryakanischoad.

I wasn't trying to besmirch the good name of BMW. It was just a fact that the car didn't make it 30 miles. I had talked to the previous owner that said the car had just been serviced, including a new battery and brake pads, three days before the branch fell on it. She told me she had never had a problem with the car and it ran great even after the tree branch fell on it. She certainly had no reason to lie to me since she had already been paid off by the insurance company.
Insurance companies don't total a car merely because the sunroof glass was shattered by a falling tree branch causing the interior to get a little wet. That car was totalled for a reason. Given this one would have to be an idiot to even think such a vehicle is representative of the quality of the model car. Any model car...BMW or not. It has nothing to do with brand loyalty, being a groupie, or a fan boy. It has everything to do with common sense and intelligence.

Quote:
Despite the friendly words of sunny5280 I'm not a "complete idiot". I brought tools with me and I knew I was taking a chance driving the car back to Indiana, but I would be saving over a hundred bucks in fuel and get to drive my new 2006 BMW through some very scenic and fun roads.
Unless the seller gave you some form of guaranteee you have no right to demand anything from them even if it died 3 feet from the place. I can understand asking them to do something for you. But to threaten them if they don't? Why would you expect they owed you anything?

Quote:
I gambled, I lost.
Exactly. Yet you blamed lack of BMW quality and the selling dealer for your loss. Nice to see you're starting to man up and take responsibility for your decisions.