View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer40 View Post
The dealer did give me another option to consider: A 535 w/o sport and no drivers assistance package but has luxury seating package. Wondering how useful the drivers assistance package is. I have never had a car of this size before (my X3 and Subaru outback are much smaller). Ergo, thought the front view & top view cameras will be helpful.
I've had 3 BMW's, all non-sport. Here's a crazy idea, maybe talk to your dealer. Is there any way they might have a demo model they'd be willing to lend you (even a 3) while you order a 535i just the way you want it? No sport, with just the options you want/need. The driver assistance package, if that includes all the "silly" blind-spot, lane departure, etc., FOR ME, is a waste of $$. I'd rather spend it elsewhere for other options or just save it (ye gads). I think the cameras can be ordered without the package, at least the rear camera ($400), but then you need PDC for $750.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 02-02-2013 at 10:08 AM.