View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 528i; 2010 550i
Hi Jjsnymd,
if you are not able to lock the door outside by turning the key 90 degree, then you have a mechanical problem.
I'm thinking that there is something screwed up at the locking drive of the drivers door and the switches which check if the door is locked or not are stuck in the locked position. Therefore the drivers door module believes the car is locked and denies any window operation. And when it receives a signal to open the drivers door it can't do it because of the issue with the locking drive or the lock itself.

See the schematic I attached and measure the position of the S47 door switch on the 7th and 9th pin of the 18 pin connector.
And you can also measure the voltages on the pin 1,10,16 on the 18 pin connector to see if the locking drive receives the required voltage from the drivers door module when you try to unlock the door with the center console button for example.

EDIT:
First I thought the module is checking the lock status by the S47 door switch, but no, the locking sensor switch must be the mounted in the locking drive. I guess that is the pin16 on the drivers door module (pin 3 on drivers door locking drive).
The S47 switch is pressed when using the key in the lock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers_lock.png
Views:	117
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	360304  

Last edited by acoste; 02-02-2013 at 04:59 PM.