Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:21 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Congrats on the new BMW! I guess I'm kind of used to mine, after driving manual BMW's previously. But I have driven many other automatic cars. Anyway, I don't usually feel each downshift while coasting to a stop, maybe the shift to 2nd. Tell you the truth, I never paid much attention to the revs during this coast down, I can keep and eye on it and report back. Is your basic idle normal, what like 750 rpm? It sounds almost like you're in a fast idle condition so these downshifts would be more noticeable. I'm sure you'll get a lot of other replies in a few minutes . Then the thread will digress into the "issue" of the transmission "jerk" while starting off from a rolling stop, etc.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 02-02-2013 at 02:22 PM.