Thread: Thanks DB750
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I absolutely love this car. Believe it or not I was sad to trade the 745 in but happy to get the newer car. My 100 mile drive home made me pretty much lose my sadness. This car is so much faster and tighter. The ability to switch suspension firmness and transmission set points is amazing and really changes the car. The comfort setting makes the car incredibly soft over bumps...reminds me of my Dads Lincoln Town car floating down the highway but much better looking. The sport and sport plus modes transform the car into a super well handling and quick vehicle.

David (Db750) said he thought it felt quicker than his M6. On my way back home from picking it up I was stopping at Dairy Queen to get my kids a drink. I was sitting at a red light and I switched the Sport Plus mode on. When the red light turned green I hit the accelerator maybe halfway down and the rearend of the car broke loose and fishtailed sideways. I was very shocked and my boys were cheering. It definitely has plenty of power.

Tons of electronic gadgets like a 12 GB hard drive to download music to. All of the settings are turned off and on through the idrive like triple flash turn signals and what information you want to show on the instrument panel.

If your on the fence, go drive one and you will be hooked.

My only complaint would be that I liked the cup holders on my 745 better.
Sounds great man! I would love to have a new one, but two things are holding me back.. first I really like owning mine outright and not having a car payment.. already paying rent on my home and my shop.. second, the guys at the dealer were telling me when I was complaining about all the issues on our cars that these new ones are going to be worse, and that BMW is really worried about getting them past 100k.. not sure how much truth is in this, but they were saying the smaller cubic inch motors and the forced induction is really going to be hard..