View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW, Lotus, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceeberg View Post
Thanks upallnight I'm sure I'll need that as my passenger side feels like its getting worn. Since you are so BMW savvy, I have a 2004 X5 3.0, with the "business" radio/cd, is there a way I can upgrade that to either a XM ready or a way to get my iPhone to play from it? I have a XM modem in there but it doesn't seem to look like I can hard wire it in and it's a pain in the a$$ to find stations when I'm not in range.
Thanks
Kay
Do you have DSP (digital signal processing)? It will have DSP on the right side of the radio.

I have a Grom Media Device that I hooked up at the rear of the car where the amp and cd changer is located. It is bluetooth tooth (you need to buy the bluetooth dongle) compatible ipod compatible (you will need to buy the Ipod cable) and usb compatible. I have an android phone so I use an app to stream my music from my phone to the X stereo system thru the Grom Media Device. There are other system out there like DICE that does the same thing.

If you don't have DSP there's a 3mm jack that was sold by BMW to cnnect MP3 player to the Aux in portion of the radio. The jack was located in the glove box. You will use a cable to plug into you Iphone headphone jack and plug the other end into the jack in the glove box. Set the radio to AUX and turn on your Iphone.

Grom website:

http://gromaudio.com/index.html

Last edited by upallnight; 02-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.