View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
Thicker rear bar is next. Confirming if the 550GT Msport bar will fit or not first. Stock rear is 14mm while the 550GT one is 18.

I'm sure in extreme maneuvers the car is more likely to understeer the way it's setup now but all I know is that the car just feels more connected and reacts with less delay/wobble when changing lanes or turning at a decent rate of speed now.

For those who are familiar with the NJTPK most people are driving between 65-80 on average and although the pavement is pretty smooth there are a lot of long bends/turns with dips from expansion joints etc... Usually when I am traveling about 80 there all of those would cause the car to sort of bounce around or wobble especially if I am changing lanes at that speed and especially hitting a dip/expansion joint at the same time. I just drove on it and the car just felt awesome and stable. Stayed more flat, steering felt more immediate and the car felt solid.

The difference I feel when hitting dips or bumps is like comparing a feather filled pillow (stock) vs a tempurpedic pillow (M5). Both still very comfortable but yet feels very different. The M5 FSB just feels solid compared to before.

Alan
Like your analogy with M5. With your ACS and M5 front bar, would you say your car closer to M5 in term stability now? If stock suspension is 1 and M5 is 10, would you say your car is 7?

I loved M5 stability when test driving last time.