View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
This is interesting. I think an f10 535 probably pulls around ~.84 g's in a circle. This relatively simple mod probably gives you 2 or 3 extra 10th's of lateral gforce without changing the ride characteristics of the the car for like 99.99% of everyday driving. My understanding is that the f10 is a very stiff chassis to begin with...

great bang for the buck.

This is a perfect "NYC" modification!

In this case, I'm not even certain that you'd need to stiffen the rear set-up. On the track, sure, but sometimes it's better if the back-end doesn't start skipping around on say the FDR.

The reason I stopped driving 911's is exactly this reason. The ass used to kick out on our ****ed up streets a little too much for my nerves and my patience. Great for the track: downright scary at say 34th street when there's a car in the lane next to you...
I agree. It is better/safer for a car to understeer than oversteer. We do have some of the worse roads in the united states and sometimes it can really toss your car around causing an accident if you are driving too fast hitting a pothole, massive dip during a turn or a expansion joint or even all of those at the same time while traveling highway speeds. The F10's suspension is too soft and the car bounces as if its out of control for a split second but now that is either eliminated or significantly reduced. I was hauling a55 on I95 and the car felt so good for the first time!

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||