View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
FYI I installed a spoiler on my Mercedes in the dead of winter a few years back, just used a hair dryer for like 10+ minutes and never had a problem ever. Heat up the area of the hood where you will put the spoiler 1st, then spray then put on spoiler and push hard for a bit then use blow dyrer for 10+ minutes.
Yeah. It was somewhat warm in my garage when I put mine on because the heater was running, but literally within 10 minutes of finishing with the blow dryer I went out for the night in 20 degree weather and drove nearly 100 miles that night, all highway. The spoiler didn't move at all, and the heat has not been on again in the garage since then.

Same for tints. I read about people who will only get them done in warm weather, but I got mine done in early January when it was in the 30s. One window dried with bubbles (not weather related) and I brought it back to the shop last weekend. He replaced the tint on two windows actually, and it was about 10 degrees that day and even colder that night. It dried just as fast and as well as any other tint job I've ever had.

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
Custom M Performance Grilles
M Performance V-Spoke 20" Wheels
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler
M Sport Rear Bumper with Painted Reflectors & M5 Diffuser
GTHAUS Meisterschaft Full Cat-back True Dual Exhaust 4x90mm GTC EV Controlled
Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe
BMS Stage 1 Tune (pending)

(Picture not up to date with current mods)