View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Its a "Dry" Heat

Mein Auto: 2009 528i
I moved everything yesterday. the hardest part was fitting my body into positions to do the zip-tying. I would post pics, but I dont have the permission yet. Once I do I will post pics. You do have to be somewhat careful with the fiber optic cables, but they bend around fairly easy. I zip-tied the larger computer module in 3 places to the inner drivers side fender, behind the trim panel. Zip tied the TPSM under the hard plastic trim molding under where the trunk latches, and the convenience antenna right behind the rear taillight. I honestly cannot think of a reason why BMW didnt just design it this way...there is plenty of space, virtually ZERO chance of water or spills damaging the electronics, and the convenience antenna is now up higher and not under a tire and rim. Funny thing is, there are other electronics very close up above the drivers side fender/wheel well, and a relay or electronic solenoid under the trunk latch...so those areas not only have space to hold these other parts, but they are "dry" spaces...and any moisture that does get into these new spots is in the air, not physical. Oh well, there always has to be ne or two dumb things I guess.