View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW X5 4.4i
I understand and it may have been because of the owners of both vehicles before we bought them. The people who leased the car before us could've driven the car hard. We never know. All I can say is that both are fixed on the X5 and the front are fixed on the 535XI. We will probably not have the X5 much longer because we are having more and more things malfunction with the car. If it was built in 2003 and the model year is a 2004 it was built about 10 years ago. This car has served it's purpose and was a great car when it was under 100,000 miles. And another thought is that we are comparing the new X5 3.5i to the ML350. My conclusion is that the X5 is much more expensive than the ML class and there are a lot more options available on the ML.

As for the 5 series we bought it a year ago and out about 7,000 miles on it since the day we bought it which was December 4th, 2011. We bought it as a CPO and it has 62,000 miles on it. I cannot believe that we are already having issues with the car. From my parents experience I do not think I will ever buy another BMW, once they are done with the ones they currently have. This is a sad conclusion but there are too many problems with their cars once they hit 100,000. We had a 2000 Volkswagen passat with 115,000 miles on it. Never had a single problem with the car. I am not saying this should be with every car but I would expect that it would not have as many problems as it does at 100,000. I really like both cars but I do not think they were the best option out there. Leasing a brand new BMW would be great. BMW's do not get problems until after 60,000 which is right about when people buy them as CPO's. Buying a CPO may not be the best decision now. I hope my parents realize this. I hope we do not have many problems with the X5 so we can keep it as long as we can without dumping money into a ten year old car.