View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiego View Post
OK, I am new to BMW but recently purchased a "new" leftover 2011 328xi. A total of 22 miles showed on the odometer. I am old (early 60's) but young at heart. I will most likely die with this machine. Thus, I have been driving a beat up truck through the snow, salt, and slush to save miles and preserve it so it will carry me through my driving life.
I am ignorant in that I purchased a 328 but everyone on this board refers to "e92, f30, x91, etc." I can't seem to comprehend what I own. Is there "conversion chart" or some reading material I can peruse? It appears I am uninformed. Love the car though and will be driving it more when the roads clear.
Welcome to Bimmerfest and the world of BMW ownership! I think you will find it a very rewarding experience. We BMW enthusiasts sometimes get caught up in our own automotive jargon. Please consider joining the BMW Car Club, there is a wealth of information there www.bmwcca.org.

It sounds like you are on the right track, by trying to limit your BMW's exposure to salt and slush. If properly maintained, your E90 328Xi should last a long time. You may want to do a bit more maintainance than what is included in the free maintneance plan, for maximum service life.