View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 535i ///M-Sport6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmanzah View Post
Great write up Bruce and congratulations on your - also soon to arrive f10. It will great to hear how you transition from the wonderful e39 to the new 535. Keep us posted.
I'll miss the E39 but at a certain point you need to move on, I'll miss it's analog controls and creamy six. I won't miss the lack of connectivety, or always being mindfull of what preventative maintaince comes next. My F10 will address these issues but I suspect I may miss the simplicity of the E39 all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
Many of the OP's impressions also applied to my recently-parted 12-year old 530i 5-speed. I would have loved to get into a F10 535i, however it takes quite a bit(ZDH, IAS, etc, etc) to fight the extra 700-800 pounds and the long wheelbase, so I opted for a F30 instead to replace the E39. Having said that, I would still agree that F10 is the best-in-class among the competition.
I to thought of waiting for the F31, it's essentially the same size as a E39 wagon. But the lack of luxury, compared to a 5, and the fact that my 4 kids keep getting bigger (duh) meant I decided on the 5. I'll miss having a wagon however.

Bruce

'13 535i, Santorini Blue, Black Nappa, Leather Dash, M-Sport, Tech, Heated Seats, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT, M Performance Exhaust, ED May 8.
'06 Carrera, Maritime Blue
'02 525i Sport Wagon, Sport, Premium, Comfort, 94xxx miles - gone to a good home.