View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
What would a non-basic quattro be then? To change the driving experience, you have two options: 18" wheel for $800, or Premium Plus and Sport for a lot more. A non-sport A4 shod with 18" seems to out-handle the non-sport 3 with 18" wheels in pretty much every slalom type test I have seen.
I owned a 2010 quattro a4 sport premium plus. It probably does out handle a base 320i but it was no fun

Its predictable. You know exactly how long it'll grip and exactly when it will start plowing on a corner. It is easy to drive to its max but no fun and in a corner it is setup to plow and understeer since that is what people are used to coming from cheaper cars.

Best I can say about Audi is its stable and feels really solid in rain. My 328i loses grip in the dry sometimes even but at least I'm having fun in it. Its a totally different type of car. Much more for people who want super balanced handling on a corner. Might be scary for some but I'll take it every day. BMW not only loves rwd but they make it neutral unlike say a Mercedes or a Lexus and I applaud that.

Maybe having awd or fwd could get you a faster slalom time .... civic sis get great slalom times after all. But you don't drive slalom time. You drive a car. A gtr probably destroys a 911 gt2 on most courses but I'd take the 911 because its more fun.

Last edited by hans007; 02-04-2013 at 11:08 PM.