View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM

Mein Auto: 550i Gran Tourismo
Cool WE are diverse

New to the forum, but echo many sentiments as those posted above. Laughed at the "whiter" comment, but never took it personal. My reasons were:
- tired of driving "daddy" SUV with sucky mpg
- wanted something different
- wanted to feel the road and power

I grew tired of the Audi dealer blowing me off. I knew them and looked at the A7 (wrong/lack of function) and A8 (too old manish) and I missed my Q7 TDI S-Line. When I described what I was looking for, they told me I was all over the place. I told them there is a car.....I didn't knw what it was, but there is such a car. A co-worker of mine told me about the GT. referenced it as a "sleeper" and that got me going. That evening I saw a GT for sale and was mesmerized. I went home and did my research....stayed up all night. The next morning I found one for sale from a dealership CPO bought it that night. Knew it was love halfway throught the test drive.

I have owned and sold a Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Ford F-350 dually, Audi Q7 TDI, S-Line, VW CC, Toyota FJ....traded a Toyota Sequoia for the GT. Happines and JOY!!!!

Demographic: HBCU grad, engineering type, retired vet with 3 teens. We are diverse.

Maconit

2011 BMW 550i GT
2011 Toyota Prius
2011 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
2012 Can-Am Spyder Trailer