View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSL View Post
UK BB10 Customers

Quick Channel Check Time

First, you need to examine Ebay in the US. Phones are selling for $1700. I haven't seen this kind of off-market pricing since iPhone 1.

I took a walk down High Street Kensington in London today and walked into three stores:

Phones 4u:
The store has had numerous inquiries so far and are very surprised. One gentleman walked in with 12 BB 10 phones in a bag and looking to buy more (Black marketer.) Seriously, a black market for Blackberries? Give me a break.

EE:
(Everything Everywhere (TMobile and Orange UK))
This morning alone the store sold seven contracts and said this was a lot for them. There is a lot of walk-in interest too.

CarphoneWarehouse
This was the only vendor to sell the phone sim free, off plan. It is sold out of phones (most London CPWs are sold out, you can check inventory online). More interestingly, as of this morning, CarphoneWarehouse have stopped selling them sim free, off contract. Now this about-face, which is not even visible online as of 3 PM London time today (It still reads 'sim free available') should tell you that the largest phone retailer in the UK has been caught flat footed by the demand. (My experience is they accept the order and then email you back two hours later 'Sorry'. Try it for yourself.) This is only done when CPW feels it has so much leverage having handsets in store that it can force contracts out of users. This is basically a very aggressive move by CPW to leverage phones into contracts. CPW only does this when it has a hit, like an iPhone in the past. It's also clearly unplanned. The employee remarked that this will not change probably for another two weeks.

What does this mean to you?

Well, if a Blackberry with barely any ad support in the UK and no keyboard is flying off the shelf, you need to understand that the un-crossable bridge for Blackberry, selling new phones in the first world, has just been crossed, and it managed this with a keyboard-less phone. With the BBRY stock down from $18 to $13.25, this is a steal.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1150...ng-on-the-bb10

It's the Randy Moss of phones..."it is the greatest phone EVER!"