View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
DIY'er

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwoem1 View Post
Schpenxel: the original I-level was from 2007, the car was never updated. I updated the whole car, not just the EGS
Thanks--the reason I ask is I THINK mine has been updated since being built in late 2003, but I am not sure when the last update was done, and I'm not sure at what version/release date these types of issues are supposed to be resolved software wise.

I've also had a cold rough idle issue that I've heard software updates will help in some cases, so this may be worth me taking the time/money to do.

Any estimates on how much something like this costs? I have read so many horror stories of BMW dealerships frying computers during updates (outside of warranty) that it almost scares me to even let them try it. Of course people don't get on the internet and complain about it when it goes correctly though, so it's hard to tell what my odds are.

edit: If I remember correctly, the programming date on mine is actually 2006 or 2007, so I am probably around the same level as was fixed by an update.

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.