View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Cray

Mein Auto: Porsche Macan S / SD Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
I believe you are dead-on with your guess. As to why this is important, I have no clue.

I can only tell you that PPK stage 1 added that much thrill to my ride that I would easily exchange it for minus 30-50 hp at the crank for it (instead of adding 15 hp). What was the thrill? Exhaust note. Because I really don't know what to do with 30-50 hp "extra" in this country (U.S.), but that exhaust note puts the large grin on my face every day over 40 degrees F.
Haha. Yeah, "crank HP" is really BS anyway, we know what the car dyno's at, and what it traps at, so I guess it's just an interesting thing to "guess" the crank HP, as insanely unimportant to the factual statistics we do have at hand.

I agree with you, it's really pointless to have high HP in this country. I live in a congested area and to me it's even "too much" to try and get the most of this 535i. Proof in that? I've already got a speeding ticket, my first in years, and something I never got close to getting when I was happily and purposefully granny driving my sub-270 HP Merc's.
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.