View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM

Mein Auto: 325xi
More leaks

Turns out the rear right door vapour seal was leaking as well. It was odd, I've fixed 4 of these now, but this one was really troublesome. The butyl tape just wouldn't stick no matter how much I warmed it up with a hairdryer, so I slowly scraped it off and replaced it. (It's been raining here so I was hoping that simply warming it up and massaging it would have worked for me (it has in the past)

As far as drying out the car (in the rain) I bought a DeHumidifier from HomeDepot $200, and ran a small heater plus an additional fan for extra circulation. A word of advice, if you are going to do this, make sure you run TWO extension cables one exclusively for the heater minimum 10A rating per cable . The current draw is large and you can melt your extension cable (before your 15A hourse breaker resets).

With the carpets lifter up, I ran this setup for 3 days non -stop. Works like a charm ! I will run in for another day just in case there is more moisture to be removed.

Photos to follow...

... "someone who makes noises for a living" [Un-named software engineer at Electronic Arts]

Me :