Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbay View Post
Ha ha you don't need anything to buy:
I just removed those egr valves, poured a lot of carb cleaner with wd40, waited overnight, then bought 5$ wired thing to clean pipes in the kitchen, sticked it in, twisted etc,
Final and testing stage is to blow it with compressed air, just any rubber hose will work as adapter.
Tada and I got air from muffler.
No errors all checks out
How much they won't for such a "high tec" equipment???
Don't believe in their "high tec" dissolvers etc this how they make money.
did you get to this without removing intake manifold? if i can get to those valves without doing that and can still remove those valves with removing the bulk head and using chemicals and some kind of long wire tool i would do it. without the dme flash i have done both my sides are clogged (idk how badly, cant be too bad last time i knew the code would shut off and on, on its own) they want around 250ish iirc for that kit with the wire brushes and etc to put into that and they recommend using chemtool or some such liquid. if i can ill go buy the carb cleaner and try a wire of some sorts but the question is length, how strong is it etc. look at the thread about it to see pics of the kit itself.

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i