Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 745iguy View Post
did you get to this without removing intake manifold? if i can get to those valves without doing that and can still remove those valves with removing the bulk head and using chemicals and some kind of long wire tool i would do it. without the dme flash i have done both my sides are clogged (idk how badly, cant be too bad last time i knew the code would shut off and on, on its own) they want around 250ish iirc for that kit with the wire brushes and etc to put into that and they recommend using chemtool or some such liquid. if i can ill go buy the carb cleaner and try a wire of some sorts but the question is length, how strong is it etc. look at the thread about it to see pics of the kit itself.
Ha ha 250$??? Well it cost them 10-20$ to make this kit
Yes you can remove those valves, but you need some skills and patience. But!!! Once it's removed you gotta be really carefull not to brake that 80$ Y pipe bc it's brittle most of the times. Anyhow you remove 2 nuts from each head, move that valve, stick that brush wire and pour some nice solvents!!!
Done!!!
But, definitely much better with intake removed.
250$ saved don't worry it will work.
If you feel air from exhaust you're good
Btw how do you know if your Y pipe is intact??? Very common it just brakes, cracks, and you have a leak, so not necessary your ports are clogged.
I got that brush from orchards supply
9$ smth

Last edited by SFbay; 02-06-2013 at 08:17 PM.