View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmanz2 View Post
So the x5 pic ha the Orion's in it? Which model were they? What color was it in the description on the site or wherever you go them? That is more of the color I am looking for. I guess my next step after that is how to wire it. The baking I have seen before and willing to do. I will post a pic later on how mine are currently. They may appear bright, but are very deceiving. In the day you cannot see them. Can you see the Orion's then? I didn't want the F10 just the similar color and for sure the brightness. They around $180 a pair?
Yep my E53 X5 has "Orion" halo rings in the headlamps. your E39 probably has the same electrical circuit as my E53, I tapped the main light switch to drive a relay to turn the halo-rings. If you paralell the park light at the headlamp then the halo ring will blink with tirning signal, not the effect I want.

BTW, you can buy the rings here:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDeta...0&click=13822&

not sure why anyone would pay more than $50 for all four rings, these are made by stringing cheap white LED lights to make up a ring that can be powered @12V. I think I know who wants to charge you $180 for them