View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatT View Post
My dealer just installed an execuhitch for me. I am very impressed, as were they, with the quality, design and ease of installation.
PatT,

Thank you for your nice compliments on our product. I am biased of course, but I truly believe our invisihitch is the premium towing & rack solution for the X1. Glad to hear that your BMW dealer felt likewise.

A lot of people don't realize that we provide this same hitch directly to BMW in other markets, where it is sold by BMW as their Original Equipment hitch on the X1. In North America though, BMW elected to offer no hitch option on the X1. So officially we became an "aftermarket" hitch for the X1 here in the U.S., even though it's the exact same hitch as the one sold directly through BMW in other parts of the world.

This means that the invisihitch had to meet certain criteria that other aftermarket hitches for the X1 simply do not meet. Criteria such as not attaching to the A-frame of the vehicle because doing so bypasses the crumple zones in rear-end collisions. And having to pass a 2-million cycle dynamic-load test. It really is a serious OE-caliber hitch for the X1.

Plus, you don't have to look at it.

Here are some more photos (although I believe these photos are of an X3, the unspoiled appearance is the same on the X1).

Cheers,
Daryl
daryl@invisihitch.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Invisihitch Receiver installed.jpg
Views:	1341
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	361218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Invisihitch with ball mount attached.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	279.0 KB