View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper22 View Post
Hey guys new to the forum. I've been lurking here for a month or so and looking for a 328i or X-Drive and came across an 08 328i in Sparkling Graphite Metallic with a black interior. Car has 57,000 miles, has had two owners and was CPO in Dec 2010 at 32,000 miles. So in other words it has almost 3 yrs left of warranty. From what I can tell it has no premium package or cold weather (no sport) package and they are asking $18,900. The dealer told me it is in excellent condition and hardly a scratch inside or out. Is this too much for an 08 you think? According to Carfax they should be asking $1390 over retail so I guess this is a good selling point and I know cars like this are hard to find (I think)? Pull the trigger or not?
It's difficult to say as pricing is highly dependent on area, supply, and options for the car you're considering. My recommendation is to perform a search on sites like cars.com, autotrader.com, and Craigs List as well as BMW. That should give you an idea of what they're selling for.

Regarding CPO I would recommend you verify it really is covered by CPO. There was a thread here recently where a buyer purchased a vehicle he believed to be CPO and it turns out it was not. Only BMW can verify this...don't take the selling dealers word for it (I assume this is a non-BMW selling the car). Verify it. Also keep in mind CPO is a good warranty but it is not as inclusive as the regular warranty. Be sure you understand the difference between the two. A pre-purchase inspection before you buy is also a wise idea. Never assume anything...have it independently verified.

And finally don't waste a lot of time trying to find the killer deal. If you find something you like and it's reasonably priced buy it. Good luck with your search and post some pics if you buy.

Last edited by sunny5280; 02-07-2013 at 04:47 PM.