View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper22 View Post
Hey guys new to the forum. I've been lurking here for a month or so and looking for a 328i or X-Drive and came across an 08 328i in Sparkling Graphite Metallic with a black interior. Car has 57,000 miles, has had two owners and was CPO in Dec 2010 at 32,000 miles. So in other words it has almost 3 yrs left of warranty. From what I can tell it has no premium package or cold weather (no sport) package and they are asking $18,900. The dealer told me it is in excellent condition and hardly a scratch inside or out. Is this too much for an 08 you think? According to Carfax they should be asking $1390 over retail so I guess this is a good selling point and I know cars like this are hard to find (I think)? Pull the trigger or not?
Almost three years of warranty left?? Unlikely. The CPO warranty is for two years or 50,000 miles beyond the end of the new car warranty for a total of six years or 100k miles from the original in-service date. Even on the outside chance the car was a way leftover 2008 and somehow didn't go into service until this time in 2009 there would only be two more years of CPO warranty. If it went into service fairly early in the 2008 model year,say November 2007, it could easily have less than a year of CPO warranty left. This scenario makes more sense. If it was leased for 36 months in November 2007 it would have come off lease in November 2010. You need to find out the in-service date.

Edit: Just looked at the CarFax. First, you need to take the VIN and verify with a BMW dealer that it is in fact a BMW CPO. The fact that it went from a BMW dealer to an Audi dealer and back to a BMW dealer raises questions. Second, it went into service in July 2008. That means the CPO warranty expires in July 2014. A little less than 1 1/2 years from now.

Edit 2: You can check the equipment list at www.bmwvin.com , it does have the premium package, which includes leather seats, power memory seats and power lumbar support, integrated garage door opener control, and Bluetooth. It has heated seats. No sport package and the wheels are 16". It does not have the Logic7/Harman Kardon sound system.

The dealership seems like a very socially concerned operation. But, they say the car has a BMW maintenance plan and you need to verify that. Unless a previous owner (probably the second one) purchased the extended maintenance plan the original four year maintenance plan expired in July 2012.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 02-08-2013 at 12:18 AM.