View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 AM

Mein Auto: 530,m6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertrude12 View Post
Yes, well...competent and Zimbabwe are two words rarely heard together in the same sentence!!

I've asked several people, and not had a consensus yet. I thought the dealer because if parts are needed, they might be able to get them easier.

Not entirely sure the problem is aftermarket parts. There are only two that I am aware of...the second alarm that appears to be disconnected, and the radio that some yahoo stole the faceplate for.

I *think* it might have to do with the instrument cluster things. Previous to the smoke, the instrument panel had been acting oddly upon occasion...gauges would work, then not. The LED readout suddenly would display nonsense (kind of like *%&TGUIUCTC( sort of thing, if that makes sense).

Aside from that, the car needs an oil change, and hopefully the dealer has the thingie to reset the computer that keeps yelling at me that it needs an oil change!
i think you are making a good choice here. but dont feel bad even here in the states it hard to find a good "sparky" and dont be afraid to beat the dealer up either so often people just except the bill but they have room. get a estimate but they are going to hit you up for the time finding the problem at the beginning just give them 1 hour and tell them if they dont find the problem in one hour you are going somewhere else. you would be surprised how they seem to find the problem fast.

good luck