View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Interesting mod which sounds enticing, though I'm not toooo critical of the body roll of this car (feels tighter compared to what I was used to).

I'm gonna assume the answer is a "no" here, but figure it's worth asking: Would beefing up the front sway bar add maybe too much rigidity to where the car would now feel too "hard" and less absorbing over bumps and rough patches? I.e, did BMW put thinner sway bars in part due to it giving the car a more absorbing/"soft" feel, or is it simply an inferior sway bar in every which way (sportiness with no negative effects on rough-patch absorbing).
To answer your question. Yes.

The thicker the bar the firmer the ride will be when going over bumps. Its essentially connecting your front wheels together so it makes sense that it will.

With the F10 Bmw made it too soft to begin with so adding a thicker bar is essentially just bringing it back the traditional Bmw feel. My car isn't harsh as all even in Sport mode. Honestly I like how the car feels going over bumps with the M5 bar more than before. It feels like a nice solid thump where as before it felt loose and bouncy. Keep in mind I also have ACS springs so my ride is already firmer than stock.

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||