View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Received my tune today (purchased second hand from a F30 owner). Turns out my engine is the N26 as there is no solenoid controller. Here is the empty spot where the solenoid controller would sit.

Attachment 361467

Install is much easier without that step as you don't need to remove/loosen the engine cover or route the extra cable around the engine. I can install/uninstall in 5-10 minutes. I chose to route the cables under the stabilizer bar and place the control box by the air filter housing. This seemed to be the best option to protect from the elements. The X1 doesn't have the same whether proof covered area as the F30 as outlined in the instructions.

Attachment 361468

It was rainy and wet today so I didn't go full throttle but there is a noticeable torque increase and less turbo lag in D/Drive. I never felt the need to switch to DS like I used to. (I don't have the throttle lag/hesitation issues others have reported).

It should be dry and sunny all weekend so I should be able to really see what the tune is all about.
Congrats! Give it a go on a freeway on-ramp... the real kick in the pants was acceleration from about 20 to 80... it just pulls and pulls