View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 xDrive35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Get EVERYTHING in writing. Refuse to accept the car and/or sign off on the warranty until the words on the BMW paperwork 'match' the story the SA or service manager tells you- if it is "we tried this, and if it doesnt work, we will do that', then precisely those words should be on the repair order (RO)

Too often people fail to pay attention to 'the record' and have done lap after lap with service, with many stories- but all they have is a few comments here or there that really fail to document the true dimensions of the work, effort or promises.

GL

A
Thank you ard for very good advise. I have documented well and kept all the invoices.

In my meeting with the service manager, he admitted that they are at a loss of what they can do next as BMW Canada will only allow them to replace parts according to the service plan and will not cover for any other suspected items. BMW Canada has so far not given the dealers any solutions. Many other dealers have the same issues. My dealer has four vehicles with the same issues. Two have been "bought back" by a generous allowance on another vehicle after taking into consideration any depreciation. I have today written to BMW Canada to buy back/replace my vehicle.

This may be a cold climate issue, but I do not think so as error messages on my vehicle have come up in plus temperatures and when the engine has been running for short time or even in the middle of a long journey. The service manager told me that BMW will be introducing soon a retrofit engine heating system that will automatically come on when the temperature drops under certain value or shut off when outside temperature rises. BMW will not cover the cost but will offer at a cost to the consumer. Cost is expected to be in the $500-$600 range. The system will be heating the coolant rather than the conventional block heater system.