View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
One more time: the $439 advertised lease payment is for a car with ~$4,000 of options. Knock an option or 2 off, and you're in the high 300's. I was clear about this; perhaps you missed it?

Or perhaps you just want to be contrary and disagree with me. I'm cool with that even though it's not going to get you anywhere.
You have mentioned it, but in your last post you claimed the $1,500 would get you below $400/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
The extra 1500 bucks lowers the payment by 40 dollars
So if it's the base 528i and your removing $4k in options, the monthly payment will drop by more than $100 ($4000/36). Unfortunately, there is only one option listed in the offer which is $2,600, but that will still get you below $400/mo. If you want to put down another $7,200 then the payment will drop below $200/month. If you keep adding a few more grand your monthly payments will reach $0. Is $0/mo the best BMW lease ever? Well, that's called a single payment lease and should only be considered when we climb back towards double digit interest rates.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you, but I do try to make people aware of potentially misleading information by sharing the bigger picture. Putting $7-8k down is a bad idea, unless of course you are using it for MSDs.

If you are cool with it, then realize there have been incredible lease deals over the years. This one, although pretty good at the moment, doesn't strike me as the best ever. Sure the residual is up, but the money factor is also up and the incentvies have also been higher. I've seen the get you in the door $399 deals before. On the otherhand, just two months ago there was a 2yr 535 lease that several members got that struck me as a better deal overall. Good luck in your purchase.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)