View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550xi / 135i / M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post

You have mentioned it, but in your last post you claimed the $1,500 would get you below $400/month.

So if it's the base 528i and your removing $4k in options, the monthly payment will drop by more than $100 ($4000/36). Unfortunately, there is only one option listed in the offer which is $2,600, but that will still get you below $400/mo. If you want to put down another $7,200 then the payment will drop below $200/month. If you keep adding a few more grand your monthly payments will reach $0. Is $0/mo the best BMW lease ever? Well, that's called a single payment lease and should only be considered when we climb back towards double digit interest rates.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you, but I do try to make people aware of potentially misleading information by sharing the bigger picture. Putting $7-8k down is a bad idea, unless of course you are using it for MSDs.

If you are cool with it, then realize there have been incredible lease deals over the years. This one, although pretty good at the moment, doesn't strike me as the best ever. Sure the residual is up, but the money factor is also up and the incentvies have also been higher. I've seen the get you in the door $399 deals before. On the otherhand, just two months ago there was a 2yr 535 lease that several members got that struck me as a better deal overall. Good luck in your purchase.
Fair enough.

I posted in another thread that I never hunt for cars because I'm not a good hunter. I sit back and let the best deals come to me. It might be lazy but I find it effective.

My point in sharing this little anecdote with you is that I'm always aware of current BMW leasing programs because I wait for them to come to me. I've been keeping track of BMW since I shook hands with Porsche 15 years ago. I honestly believe right now are the best lease values I've ever seen for BMW.