View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 PM
wiscopete

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper22 View Post
Hey guys new to the forum. I've been lurking here for a month or so and looking for a 328i or X-Drive and came across an 08 328i in Sparkling Graphite Metallic with a black interior. Car has 57,000 miles, has had two owners and was CPO in Dec 2010 at 32,000 miles. So in other words it has almost 3 yrs left of warranty. From what I can tell it has no premium package or cold weather (no sport) package and they are asking $18,900. The dealer told me it is in excellent condition and hardly a scratch inside or out. Is this too much for an 08 you think? According to Carfax they should be asking $1390 over retail so I guess this is a good selling point and I know cars like this are hard to find (I think)? Pull the trigger or not?
I just bought a non-CPO 2008 328xi with 46k miles, premium, cold weather, alarm, and sat radio. One owner, always serviced at the dealership which I got the car from. 12 oil changes in 46k miles, exhaust lifters replaced at 32k miles. The car had 23 service records on CarFax, so when I went to the dealer I had him print every service record for the car. It was close to 100 pages long, but instead of a lemon, the car was meticulously maintained. The guy would bring the car in for every little squeak or rattle and besides the valve lifters, the only big item done was a replacement of the drivers seat due to faulty stitching and the guy claiming it clicked when he adjusted the seat. He did have a new radio put at the end of the warranty at about 45k and paid $400 for new battery a couple months before he sold the car back to the dealer which was just after the 5 year new car warranty expired. The car still had the 100K maintenance plan so I get another oil change, inspection 2, and probably front brake pads before Nov of this year when that expires.

The CPO is a good deal, but I could not find an 08 with even a year of coverage left, so decided to pay $20k for a car which I know has been maintained much more than the CPO cars coming off lease with 50k miles that have had the oil changed 2 or 3 times.