View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Tasman Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscopete View Post
I just bought a non-CPO 2008 328xi with 46k miles, premium, cold weather, alarm, and sat radio. One owner, always serviced at the dealership which I got the car from. 12 oil changes in 46k miles, exhaust lifters replaced at 32k miles. The car had 23 service records on CarFax, so when I went to the dealer I had him print every service record for the car. It was close to 100 pages long, but instead of a lemon, the car was meticulously maintained. The guy would bring the car in for every little squeak or rattle and besides the valve lifters, the only big item done was a replacement of the drivers seat due to faulty stitching and the guy claiming it clicked when he adjusted the seat. He did have a new radio put at the end of the warranty at about 45k and paid $400 for new battery a couple months before he sold the car back to the dealer which was just after the 5 year new car warranty expired. The car still had the 100K maintenance plan so I get another oil change, inspection 2, and probably front brake pads before Nov of this year when that expires.

The CPO is a good deal, but I could not find an 08 with even a year of coverage left, so decided to pay $20k for a car which I know has been maintained much more than the CPO cars coming off lease with 50k miles that have had the oil changed 2 or 3 times.
The previous owner told me the lifters were replaced when he traded the car in so I know the CPO goes with the car. He said when the dealer started the car up it had a ticking noise. One of the owners of the dealer thought maybe a rod was bad and the previous owner about had a cow because he thought maybe they thought he was trying to pull one one over LOL. BMW replaced the lifter and all is quiet again he said. $18990 isn't a bad price then and it sounds like you got a car very well cared for. Congrats.