View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Coupe OR Never

Mein Auto: '02 - 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBMW17 View Post
well whenever I have taken it to an autozone to get it read... ive been told they cant read it because a computer is burned out or some other matter. I have taken to atleast 6 autozones just to besure and none could read it. But that just could be they are using a basic scanner,but im not sure. Is there anywhere else to take it that you know of. I would rather repair the car if I can save money.
Well actually those autozone scanners will probably not be able to pinpoint the problem.
I have one of those simple scanners. When I scanned my friend's car, it found bunch of codes including one for wheel speed sensor, one for tranny etc. But then we took the car to an indy shop. There they used a laptop to diagnose the car and they found that the ABS module was defective. Once the module is bad it causes several codes to show up.
If it was me, I would first try to check the wheel speed sensors and see if any of them defective. Checking is not very difficult but not very easy either (at least time consuming).
Then try to find an indy shop with a proper diagnostic tool to scan it. You have time; driving the car in that condition will not hurt anything. I drove mine for about 2 months before getting it fixed.

Last edited by iskoos; 02-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.